Attendees also collaborate and discuss possible new solutions for treating various hair loss conditions.
The 8th World Congress For Hair Research – May 2014 : A Sampling of Hair Loss Research Topics To Be Discussed At the Eighth World Congress
The progress hair loss research is quite interesting without a doubt. Here are some topics that will be discussed during May’s convention
(1) Results of studies performed on animal models
- What happens to hair growth when human placental extract is combined with minoxidil on genetically modified mice
- Role of the CRIF 1 gene on hair growth
- How gene expression in hair follicles stem cells (of mice) is affected by bimatoprost
- The hair growth effects of various measures which manipulated tissue that surrounds the follicles
(2) Discussion of techniques used to assess and evaluate hair growth
(3) The effects of various stimulant variables on hair growth. Examples include:
- Tafluprost, a prostaglandin analog
- Ecklonia cava extract
- Red ginseng extract
(4) Innovations in hair transplant procedures
- Tissue engineering to reduce the appearance of white dots after the donor region heals on the scalp
- 3D imaging technology for correcting hairlines
- Applications of lasers in the treatment of androgenic alopecia.
(5) Stem cell research and tissue engineering
- Enhancing the inductive capabilities of human derma papilla cells
- Results of research studies which studied the inductive abilities of human adipose tissue
- Use of follicular dermal cells to improve wound healing results.
The theme of this year’s Congress is Wonder of Nature, Wonder of Hair. Scientific research in the area of hair loss is producing a prolific wealth of new Those who are interested in new possibilities of reversing baldness and thinning would surely benefit from following research developments in this area. To learn more, click here
Read up on the largest body hair transplant study published in the ASJ